Life. Beauty. Fashion. Advice. Animal Talk.

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Stress or Food?

Sometimes I get ill, and I don't know what has caused it. 
I have been getting 'ill' quite a lot of the time and for quite a long time. I finally noticed it in 2010 when I lost a stone in a week, which I did put back on. I went to the doctors and had blood tests done to see if I was anaemic, gluten intolerant or had thyroid problems, which all came back negative. Whilst this was all going on, there were some family problems going on as well as GCSE stress. I carried on as normal and it just kept happening. 

Fast forward 4 years and I finally went back to the doctors again after doing much more research into what could be causing me to get ill most of the time. The doctor suggested it could be IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), and now I have worked out my trigger foods (foods which after eating make me feel sick), I am also going lactose intolerant, and I can no longer eat tomatoes, which does rule out alot of really nice meals, like pizza and spaghetti bolognese. 

However not all of IBS symptoms are food related, some can be brought on by stress. When it comes to exam time everyone can get stressed. However when I get stressed all the adrenaline that runs through the body stays there and that turns into lactic acid which can make me feel a bit ill. This is where I then use calming techniques which bring everything back down and back to normal. 

xox
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig