Life. Beauty. Fashion. Advice. Animal Talk.

Saturday 12 July 2014

North-East to South-West

I am the person who has to travel quite a lot on trains as my family live up North and I go to University in the South. 
I have to travel quite a lot on trains as it's the fastest and easiest way to get anywhere. 
They say travelling on trains is easy. However I have been in both situations; having a good trip where everything goes right and to plan, to missing trains, cancelled trains or hours delayed trains. 

I think the only way it becomes calm and less stressful is one to have all your tickets and a sort of idea where and what time your train/ trains leave. It doesn't help if you have several bags and you struggle to go up and down platform stairs with a temperamental suitcase that flips over at any bump.( Note: don't get a suitcase/ holdall from Primark). I learnt that lesson travelling to Paris this year. 

I try not to stress out too much and stay as calm as possible. But sometimes it doesn't go to plan and I get annoyed very quickly. The way I tackle this is to just step to the side and take a deep breath. I try and plan everything down to a T so I know exactly what is happening and what to do if it goes wrong. I also have the trainline app on my phone where I check the platform numbers before I get to the station either at the start of the trip and whilst I'm on the train. 

However there is always the situation that you get on the wrong train, and you start to freak out, my only advice for this is to get off at the next station and try and find someone to talk to who works at the station who would know what train to get on to either get back to where you were or get you going to the right place. 

Although I travel by trains a lot it doesn't mean I'm a huge fan of them. I dread long train trips with several changes. I usually try and find the route with the least amount of changes possible so I don't have to stress or think as much. 

I do have some war stories about train trips especially one that I took today where I almost lost/ had my Railcard taken, whilst just outside Tottenham Hale station not even halfway through my trip going towards my mum. I was very, very lucky that a kind woman found it and gave it back to me, just before I bought another one. After this ordeal, I have learnt that you should put any valuables safe and out of any hands that could get to them. 

Here are a few pictures from my travels.




Hope you have enjoyed reading my train travels.

xox

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig